Friday 2 January 2009

Xbox live avatars



Seen as we are going to be starting our identities module real soon, I decided to write a small peace on xbox live avatars. Xbox live recently introduced an update to which they ask you to design yourself as an avatar, not so much ask but demand its mandatory. To me this is an attempt by Microsoft to aim the Xbox in a more family orientated direction much like how the Nintendo Wii encourages you to create an online identity and add your own appearance choices such as hair and clothing, the Xbox version offers alot more for the user to customise and also gives the option to save alternative styles of you avatar in the wardrobe section. I also feel they added this program to give gamers more of an online identity before this the only customisable features were small gamer pictures. To coincide with the launch of this program Microsoft now offer a online world were gamers use there avatars to chat to people and complete challenges to unlock further clothing items.



Below shows the Xbox live avatar designer...



The program works alot like "Second Life" a program which incorporates avatars in a online chat area. A program I will be looking into later, here is my designed avatar for Xbox Live.


I decided to design my avatar to look as much like myself as I could, this was so fellow gamers could see a truer representation of my self in a 3D world.

No comments: